The programme identifies the role of interior architecture as a specialist discipline of its own with a clear body of knowledge. It is an architecturally oriented programme with emphasis on spatial design as well as surface embellishments. The programme aligns with the core values of SSAA with the focus on critical thinking, art and aesthetics, sustainability and heritage. It aims to inform the approach of the students by helping them understand the principles underpinning design and how it should influence their choices of systems, materials and construction methods.
- To develop an understanding of the principles of good design. All aspects of space – scale, proportion, configuration and light source, as well as textures, materials and colour- are studied in relation to their effect on human spirit.
- To promote and enhance lifestyle, and bring to fruition the vision of truly sustainable environments.
- To develop critical thinking in order to further refine the understanding & improve the analytical and research and design skills.
- To explore the scope, opportunities, complexities and responsibilities of interior architecture and uncover the issues and methodology for creating best practice response.
Admission of students to the M. Arch (IA) programme will be governed by the following regulations:
- Minimum of 50% aggregate marks in a Bachelors of Architecture degree programme. (Weightage 50%)
- Duly filled up form (online) along with a statement of Purpose of not more than 1000 words submitted at the admissions office.
- An interview session for the shortlisted applicants along with a portfolio of work. (Weightage 50%)
Indian Student : 1,20,000,
Includes : Tuition Fee
Excludes : Admission Fee, Hostel Fee etc