The programme identifies the role of the urban designer in redefining the 21st century urban landscape and develops new paradigms of research, practice and pedagogy to meet the challenges of urbanization with the focus on sustainability and heritage. It aims to alter the very thinking and approach with which we look at urban design in India, and intends to create thought – leaders who shall pave the way for other developing countries to follow suit.
Located in Gurgaon, one of the most diverse urban areas of the country featuring a varied urban field that contains the traditional fabric of the older areas, village settlements, the cyber city as well as diverse urban and suburban neighbourhoods, it seeks to work closely with the city’s development authorities and communities to address the concerns as a part of the coursework.
- To develop an appreciation of the historical and theoretical dimensions of Urbanism in order to build the competence and sensitivity necessary for the sustainable growth of our cities and survival of its heritage.
- To develop critical thinking in order to further refine the understanding & improve the analytical and research skills.
- To explore the scope, opportunities, complexities and responsibilities of urban design and uncover the issues and methodology for creating best practice response
Admission of students to the M. Arch. (UD) programme will be governed by the following regulations:
- Minimum of 50% aggregate marks in a Bachelors of Architecture degree programme. (Weightage 50%)
- Duly filled up form (online) along with a statement of Purpose of not more than 1000 words submitted at the admissions office.
- An interview session for the shortlisted applicants along with a portfolio of work. (Weightage 50%)
Indian Student : 1,20,000,
Includes : Tuition Fee
Excludes : Admission Fee, Hostel Fee etc