Physiotherapy is a healthcare profession that works with people to identify and maximise their ability to move and function. And functional movement is a key part of what it means to be healthy. This means that physiotherapy plays a key role in enabling people to improve their health, wellbeing and quality of life.
Due to mechanization and sedentary lifestyles, people face common muscular skeletal problems which include issues such as backache, stiff shoulders and neck, osteoarthritis knee, etc. In curing out the disorders, the physiotherapists work wonderfully the mainstream doctors. Physiotherapy can be considered a health profession which is concerned with maximization of mobility and quality of life by implementing clinical reasoning. An qualified physiotherapist can
- Establish a physical diagnosis and determine a client’s movement potential.
- Plan and implement physiotherapy treatment programs, using specialized knowledge and skills in exercise prescription and hands-on techniques for the prevention and treatment of movement dysfunction.
- Undertake related professional activities such as research, teaching, administration and consultation
Our Bachelor of Physiotherapy program is designed to meet the international standards and is taught by highly qualified faculty. The program has a balanced exposure of both academic and clinical training and will be a full-time course of minimum 4 years plus minimum six months compulsory internship and abbreviation of nomenclature as B.P.Th, or B.P.T.
On completion of the course of study having successfully passed the examination, the candidate would be able to achieve a satisfactory level of efficiency:
- To detect and evaluate, Anatomical patho-physiological and psychosomatic impairments resulting in physical dysfunction in various age groups, occupations.
- To understand the rationale and basic investigative approach to the medical system and surgical interventions regimens; and accordingly plan and implement specific Physiotherapy measures effectively.
- To be able to select strategies for cure and care; adopt restorative and rehabilitaive measures for maximum
possible independence of a client at home, work place and in the community.
- To ensure quality assurance and motivate the client and his/her family for desirable client compliance.
The candidate should have passed the qualifying XII STD/HSC examination (or equivalent) having English as a subject and a minimum of 50% marks, in Science with Physics, Chemistry, Biology as mandatory Subjects.
Indian Student : 2,47,500,